FIGO 2012 INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
FIGO is pleased to announce a joint Fellowship Programme with the Italian Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (SIGO) aimed at promoting Women’s Health in developing countries. This programme will specifically focus on the reduction of maternal mortality.
Maximum 30 participants will be selected from the developing countries around the world to attend a training programme in Italy for approximately two to three weeks. 2 places will be reserved for applicants from Ghana who specialise in breast cancer.
Invitations will be extended to national Ob-Gyn societies of developing countries to nominate suitable candidates to participate in the programme.
- Be practising in a developing country
- Be between 30 and 40 years old
- Be able to communicate fluently in English
- Hold a postgraduate degree in Ob/Gyn
- Be specialists and not trainees
- Have been in practice for three years or more
- Spend 50% of their working time in a medical school, teaching hospital or government agency
- Be able to present an oral communication or poster at the XIX FIGO World Congress, if their submission is accepted
The Fellowship will cover:
- Economy return air travel from the applicant’s country to Italy
- Accommodation for the duration of their stay in Italy
- A placement at a medical school or hospital within Italy
- Registration fee for the XX FIGO World Congress in Rome, Italy
Certificates will be issued on completion of the Fellowship.
Application Form & Supporting Documentation
Application form and supporting documentation must be submitted in English.
Applications will only be considered if the following documentation is enclosed with the completed application from:
- A letter of recommendation in English from the chair of their department or government/project director
- A written statement in English on the potential benefits to the applicant of this Fellowship
- Curriculum vitae with details of current employment
- Photocopies of passport, medical degree and postgraduate degree
- Proof of abstract submission for a free communication or poster for presentation at the XX FIGO World Congress with the subject related to obstetrics and gynaecology. The Congress 2012 Scientific Programme Committee will consider this for presentation.
Deadline for submission of Applications
The application and supporting documents must be received by 29th February 2012. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Selection of Fellows
The selection of fellows will take place after this day. Award recipients will be notified immediately.
Completed application form and supporting documentation should be mailed to:
2012 FIGO International Fellowship Programme
Suite 3 – Waterloo Court
10 Theed Street
London SE1 8ST